Patient Support Groups
Living with a thyroid condition can be challenging, but manageable. You don’t have to carry the weight of your diagnosis, treatment, or wellness on your shoulders alone. Below is a list of support groups and how they can empower you throughout your journey.
What are some patient support groups I can join?
- ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association: an all-volunteer nonprofit organization guided by a medical advisory council of renowned thyroid cancer specialists, offering support and information to thyroid cancer survivors and their families, and health care professionals worldwide. Learn more at https://www.thyca.org/
- Graves Disease & Thyroid Foundation: The Foundation is a 501 C(3) tax-exempt non-profit international charitable organization. GDATF has helped thousands of patients better understand the symptoms and treatment programs for Graves' disease, providing help and hope for people with Graves’ disease and other thyroid related disorders. Learn more at https://gdatf.org/
- The Light of Life Foundation: Dedicated to improving the quality of life for the thyroid cancer patient, through continuing education for the lay public and the medical community and promoting research and development to improve thyroid patient care. Learn more at https://lightoflifefoundation.org/
- Hypothyroid Mom: a blog created by Dana Trenti with more than one million followers across all social media. This informative site is dedicated to improving health and transforming the lives of people with thyroid disease through science-based awareness, information and education. Learn more at https://hypothyroidmom.com/
- Listen to Your Eyes: a sponsor-supported informational website for and about patients with thyroid eye disease (TED). Learn more at https://www.thyroideyes.com/