Late-breaking Research, Renowned Speakers, and New Guidelines to Highlight Annual Conference from Leading Professional Clinical Endocrinology Organization
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., May 24, 2021 -- The American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (AACE), a professional community of health care providers specializing in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolic disorders, is hosting the first ever virtual edition of its Annual Meeting from May 26-29, 2021. The virtual conference is a convenient opportunity for the clinical endocrinology community to gather and learn about the latest scientific advancements, best practices for enhancing patient care, and enjoy educational sessions led by the world's most respected endocrine clinicians.
Building on this years’ theme, Envision, conference highlights include:
- 150+ national and international speakers from leading hospitals, health systems and private practices
- 100+ sessions covering the hottest topics and best practices around clinical endocrinology and specific disease states including adrenal, thyroid, bone, diabetes, lipids and cv health, obesity, pituitary, and more
- Estimated 2,000+ multidisciplinary attendees from 40+ countries, across the endocrine care team, including physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, certified diabetes educators, and others
- Out of nearly 400 e-poster submissions, the accepted top abstracts featuring innovative research, clinical trials, and case studies will be displayed, along with 11 live oral abstract presentations
- 50+ exhibitors and industry sponsors showcasing the latest products, technologies, and services for the endocrinology field
- 6 internationally renowned plenary speakers, plus an opening keynote by Tait Shanafelt, MD, on Organizational Efforts to Cultivate Healthcare Professional Well-being: Before and After the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Another meeting highlight will be AACE’s recommendations on advanced diabetes technology that will be released during Friday’s Late Breaking Session at 10:00 AM EDT, presented by George Grunberger, MD, FACP, MACE, and Jennifer Sherr, MD, PhD. "We are particularly excited to present our colleagues with the new 2021 AACE Clinical Practice Guideline: Use of Advanced Technology in Management of Persons with Diabetes Mellitus," said Howard Lando, MD, FACP, FACE, President of AACE. "The new guideline features evidence based clinical recommendations for managing technology for diabetes patients, such as CGM and insulin pumps; and will be a great resource for health care professionals."
Also during Friday’s sessions, AACE will honor its 2021 award recipients and induct the newest FACE/MACE recipients during a special ceremony. Award winners and FACE/MACE inductees are announced here on AACE.com.
Hear from David Lieb, MD, FACE, FACP, Chair of AACE’s Education Committee, Elizabeth Pearce, MD, MSc, FACE, Chair of the Annual Meeting Planning Committee, and Paul Markowski, CEO of AACE, as they discuss more highlights about the Annual Meeting in the latest episode of AACE Podcasts. Additional meeting sessions are covered in the recent AACE blog, 30 Reasons to Attend Envision.
Registration for the meeting is open through Saturday, May 29, and attendees have three engagement options to choose from including both live and on-demand formats. Virtual attendees are encouraged to visit AACE.com/2021 before and during the meeting to create their profile to maximize their experience.
For more information, visit https://pro.aace.com/events/2021/annual-meeting.
Katie Maassen, Director of Marketing
About the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (AACE)
Established in 1991, The American Association of Clinical Endocrinology is a global, inclusive community of over 5,000 endocrine-focused clinical members, affiliates, and partners from every walk of professional life. As the vital hub of knowledge and experience in clinical endocrinology, AACE works to define the best paths of patient care and disease prevention, educate multi-disciplinary care teams and their patients, and set the factual record straight about endocrine diseases. Together, the AACE community is elevating the practice of clinical endocrinology to benefit each individual patient and the health of our society. Visit our website at www.aace.com.