The FACE designation is available to AACE members in good standing.
The FACE application period is from Monday, August 12, 2019, 8:00 a.m. ET to Friday, November 01, 2019, 5:00 p.m, ET.
The non-refundable FACE application fee of $250 USD will be collected prior to beginning the application process. Payment must be through a credit card and most major credit cards are accepted.
During Fellowship, AACE dues are complimentary; therefore Fellows-in-Training do not qualify for FACE at this time. In order to be eligible to apply for FACE distinction, applicant must have completed three (3) consecutive years or more of active dues paying membership in AACE.
There are three criteria areas that must be met. These include:
- Required – Must meet all
- Certification/Training – Must qualify for one
- Professional Experience
- United States – Must qualify for one
- International – Must qualify for two
Read the Criteria thoroughly to determine if you are eligible to apply prior to starting the application.
Requirements for All Applicants
- Attended an AACE Annual Meeting within the last five (5) years (Annual Meeting 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019) prior to applying, not including the Convocation year. (Annual Meeting CME certificate or certificate of attendance.)
- Have completed three (3) consecutive current years or more of active dues paying membership in AACE. The current year's dues must have been paid as of January 31 of that year.
- Items marked with red asterisk * are required. Read the entire application and have all information and documentation (pdf files) at hand prior to starting.
Applying in 2019 for the 2020 Fellows Induction Convocation, 2019 dues must have been paid for by January 31, 2019.
The upcoming year(s) dues cannot be applied as one of the three (3) years.
Applying in 2019 for the 2020 Fellows Induction Convocation, dues must have been paid for 2017, 2018 and 2019.
When dues are not paid for a year, the three consecutive years requirement starts over when the dues are paid. (Prior to applying, verify with the membership department that your dues are current for three (3) years.)
- Submit two (2) professional letters of recommendation. At least one must be from a member with FACE or MACE. (Master of the American College of Endocrinology). FACE or MACE must be indicated in the signature line of the letter. For Professional Experience, United States, Criteria 4 where three (3) letters are required, at least two (2) must be from members with FACE or MACE. Prior to requesting a letter from a colleague, confirm their AACE membership through the AACE Member Directory. Letters must be uploaded during the online application process. Do not have letters sent to AACE. Letters must be individualized, similar letters will result in rejection of the application.
- If accepted, you must register to attend and be present at the AACE Annual Meeting and participate in the College Fellows Induction Convocation. Any exception to this requirement must be approved by the President of the College.
- If accepted, your current dues must be paid by January 31 of the convocation year. Failure to pay by this date will result in delay in induction as FACE until the following year.
Applying in 2019 for the 2020 Fellows Induction Ceremony, dues for 2020 must be paid by January 31, 2020.
- In certain instances, to confirm proficiency, completion of ASAP may be required. Staff will contact candidates who must complete this requirement.
- Items marked with red asterisk * are required.
- All required documentation must be included in order for application to be submitted.
- Read the entire application prior to completing the application to make sure you have all the documentation ready for upload.
- Only pdf files can be uploaded. For documentations consisting of multiple files, scan or convert the documents into one pdf file. Scan according to the criteria areas: Certification/Training and Professional Experience. Scan your files to one document prior to beginning the application.
- Some documentation, such as your CV, may be used for several criteria. You must upload it for each criteria area.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – Your CV must be very specific including start and finish dates for any information that is listed in your CV. (i.e., Requirements in Professional Experience). All listed training periods must be verified by an accompanying certificate indicating start and completion dates. Failure to include this information will result in rejection of your application.
- Documentation - If you are uncertain about the documentation, submit similar documentation and the FACE Application Committee will review the documentation on a case-by-case basis. The ACE President can approve a FACE application in unusual cases which are not covered by any of the specified criteria.
- If an applicant’s qualifications cannot be objectively verified, the application will be deferred until such time as ambiguities are clarified. Verification is the responsibility of the candidate, not ACE.
- The ACE President can approve a FACE application in unusual cases which are not covered by any of the specific criteria below.
Application Period: 08/12/2019 8:00 a.m. - 11/01/2019 5:00 p.m ET
- January - Application Review
- February - Acceptance or Denial Letters Emailed
- March - Induction Instructions Emailed
- May 6-10, 2020 - AACE Annual Scientific and Clinical Congress
- Thursday, May 7, 2020 - Convocation (Attendance mandatory to receive FACE)
Letters of Recommendation
While letters of recommendation should not be sent to AACE, before uploading, they should be addressed to:
Dr. Sandra Weber, MD, FACE
American College of Endocrinology
245 Riverside Avenue, Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL 32202
These letters will need to be placed in one file to upload. See #4 under Application Instructions for options.
Visa to travel to the United States
If you must apply for a visa to travel to the United States please, do so immediately after receiving your letter of acceptance. For visa letter, check with the AACE membership department at [email protected]
For more information or answers to your questions, contact [email protected].
Start Your Application Now
Before applying you must read and meet the criteria listed above.BEGIN FACE APPLICATION NOW