JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (April 28, 2019) – The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), a professional community of physicians specializing in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism, is pleased to announce the e-poster award winners from AACE 2019, its 28th Annual Scientific & Clinical Congress in Los Angeles this past week. Nearly 500 e-posters featuring innovative research, clinical trials, and case studies were presented during AACE 2019, and winners were selected by an esteemed panel of endocrinologists from around the world.
e-Poster Presentation Awards:
- First Place – Ruban Dhaliwal, MD, MPH – Assistant Professor of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University, “Effect of Abaloparatide Followed by Alendronate on Bone Mineral Density and Fracture Incidence in Postmenopausal Women with Osteoporosis and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus”
- Second Place – Robert D. Toto, MD – Professor and Associate Dean of the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern, “Effect of Linagliptin on Cardiovascular and Kidney Outcomes in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes and Kidney Disease: Carmelina®”
- Third Place – Chaitanya Mamillapalli, MD, MRCP, FAPCR – Endocrinologist at Springfield Clinic, “Development And Validation of a Machine Learning Model to Predict Diabetes Mellitus Diagnoses in a Multi-Specialty Clinical Setting”
- Fourth Place (Tie) – Mark Christiansen, MD, Co-Medical Director and Endocrinologist at Diablo Clinical Research Inc., “Hypoglycemic Performance Evaluation of a New Implantable CGM System” and Ewelina Zawadzka-Bartczak, MD, PhD, Professor and Head of Internal Diseases Department at Military Institute of Aviation Medicine, “Effects of Obesity And Concomitant Diseases on Heart Rate Variability”
Fellow-in-Training e-Poster Presenter Young Investigator Awards:
- First Place – Mustafa Kinaan, MD – Endocrinology Fellow at University of Central Florida College of Medicine/HCA GME Consortium, “An Occult Source of Androgens: Undiagnosed Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Causing Inadequate Response to Androgen Deprivation Therapy in Prostate Cancer”
- Second Place – Prathyusha V. Chitrapu, MD – Endocrinology Fellow at Baylor College of Medicine, “Association of Vitamin D Levels with the Severity of Fibrosis in NAFLD Patients with Type 2 Diabetes”
- Third Place – Tanvi Parikh, MD – Endocrinology Fellow at Georgetown University Hospital, “Dual Endocrinopathies Following Single Dose of Pembrolizumab”
Resident e-Poster Presenter Young Investigator Award:
- First Place – Yasaman Motlaghzadeh, MD, MPH, Internal Medicine Resident at Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School, “Evaluating the “Weekend Effect” on Diabetic Ketoacidosis Management”
AACE 2019 was held at the Los Angeles Convention Center & JW Marriott from April 24-28, 2019, and featured expert speakers, networking events, and trade show exhibitions. For the first time at an AACE congress, all posters were presented as digital e-posters using state-of-the-art, high-definition monitors, aligning with the conference’s sustainability goals of reducing paper waste.
To view the complete AACE 2019 e-Poster Gallery, visit: https://am.aace.com/2019/posters/AACE/home.asp
About the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) represents more than 6,500 endocrinologists in the United States and abroad. AACE is the largest association of clinical endocrinologists in the world. A majority of AACE members are certified in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism and concentrate on the treatment of patients with endocrine and metabolic disorders including diabetes, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, growth hormone deficiency, cholesterol disorders, hypertension and obesity. Visit our site at www.aace.com.