JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (April 25, 2019) – The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) announced today two late-breaking research presentations that have been added to the agenda for AACE 2019, its 28th Annual Scientific & Clinical Congress taking place in Los Angeles this week.
On Friday, April 26, 2019, from 11am to 12pm PT, Raymond S. Douglas, MD, PhD, Clinician and Researcher at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and board-certified oculoplastic surgeon with practices in Beverly Hills, Calif. and Shanghai, China, will present results for the largest clinical trial ever conducted for a biologic in thyroid eye disease. During the session, “Teprotumumab Treatment Effect on Proptosis in Patients with Active Thyroid Eye Disease: Results from a Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Masked, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Multicenter Study,” Dr. Douglas and a panel of researchers will present findings from phase three of research for this breakthrough therapy.
On Saturday, April 26, 2019 from 12pm to 1pm PT, Roberto Pecoits Filho, MD, PhD, FASN, FACP and Bruce Neal, MB ChB, MRCP, PhD, FRCP, FAHA will present late-breaking research on behalf of the Janssen Committee. During the session, “CREDENCE: Canagliflozin and Renal Events in Diabetes with Established Nephropathy Clinical Evaluation,” the lead researchers will present the same data that was recently presented globally in Australia. This marks the first US-based annual meeting where the data is presented.
Building on this years’ theme, Get Inspired, conference highlights include:
- 90+ national and international speakers from leading hospitals, health systems and private practices
- 80+ sessions covering the hottest topics and best practices around endocrinology and its eight primary disease state: adrenal, thyroid, bone, diabetes, lipids, obesity, pituitary and reproductive
- 2,000+ attendees from 35+ countries, including physicians and allied healthcare professionals, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, certified diabetes educators and others
- Nearly 500 posters and abstracts featuring innovative research, clinical trials, and case studies
- 100+ exhibitors and sponsors showcasing the latest products, technologies and services for the endocrinology field
AACE is the world’s largest organization that represents clinical endocrinologists, with over 6,500+ members in the United States and 97 other countries.
For more information, visit: https://am.aace.com/.
About the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) represents more than 6,500 endocrinologists in the United States and abroad. AACE is the largest association of clinical endocrinologists in the world. A majority of AACE members are certified in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism and concentrate on the treatment of patients with endocrine and metabolic disorders including diabetes, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, growth hormone deficiency, cholesterol disorders, hypertension and obesity. Visit our site at www.aace.com.