This online enduring material is a reproduction of the live session that was held at the 2018 AACE Annual Meeting in Boston, MA.
1. Identify the most common thyroid disorders during pregnancy and those which commonly occur during adolescence
2. Discuss potential risks and benefits of thyroid treatment pathways during pregnancy
3. Explain the special considerations that should be taken when approaching thyroid dysfunction in pregnancy
4. Discuss the differences in risk for thyroid malignancy in adolescent patients
5. Examine current guidelines related to the management of pediatric thyroid cancer and the management of thyroid disease during pregnancy.
All physicians and allied health professionals interested in the study, diagnosis, and treatment of endocrine-related diseases.
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.