The ASAP online self-assessment tool provides learners with case-based questions and answers designed to challenge clinical thought processes in recall, interpretation, and problem-solving skills in the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and management of endocrine diseases.
ASAP features patient cases with case histories, images, lab results and other pertinent information. After completing each topic-based question set, participants are presented with rationales and references for further learning.
Use ASAP to study for board exams and recertification preparation or to challenge and refresh your core knowledge in the following topics:
- Disorders of the Adrenal Gland - 15.0 credit hours
- Diabetes Mellitus - 12.0 credit hours
- Hypertension - 4.0 credit hours
- Hypoglycemic Disorders - 4.0 credit hours
- Disorders of the Pituitary Gland - 7.0 credit hours
- Reproductive Endocrinology Disorders - 8.0 credit hours
- Disorders of the Thyroid Gland - 14.0 credit hours
- Serum Lipid Disorders - 8.0 credit hours
- Nutrition Disorders and Management - 5.0 credit hours
- Parathyroid and Bone Mineral Disorders - 7.0 credit hours
- Pediatric Endocrinology Disorders - 16.0 credit hours
ASAP also helps meet your CME/MOC needs – earn up to 100 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ as you work through the case-based questions!
After participating in ASAP, participants should be better able to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of endocrine diseases
- Recognize the relationship between pathophysiology and approach to evaluation, diagnosis, and management
- Apply updated information to the diagnosis and management of endocrine diseases
- Compare and contrast current and new therapeutic options for endocrine diseases
- Improve competence in the diagnosis and management of patients with endocrine diseases
Accreditation and Credits
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 100.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 100 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. Only those who receive a passing score will be eligible for MOC credit. Please allow two weeks for MOC points to appear within your account on the ABIM website. Participation information will be shared with the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).