This course includes:
- Video presentation by a leading expert
- Pre- and post-exams to measure your understanding
- CME and MOC claiming online
Jennifer Eads, MD
Dr. Jennifer Eads is a medical oncologist and Associate Professor at the University of Pennsylvania. Clinically, she specializes in the treatment of patients with gastrointestinal cancers with a particular interest in neuroendocrine tumors. She is a clinical and translational researcher and is the principal investigator of multiple clinical trials, many of which are for patients with neuroendocrine tumors. She has had significant involvement in neuroendocrine research and education at the national level through the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, the National Cancer Institute and the North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society.
Upon completion of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the latest scientific and clinical discoveries in the field of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism
- Apply new found knowledge to the diagnosis and management of patients with disorders of endocrinology, diabetes or metabolism for improved patient outcomes
- Assess the potential applications of emerging scientific advances that affect the practice of endocrinology.
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 1 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC points.
Your participation information will be shared with the ACCME, which will in turn report your points to ABIM. Successful completion of a course examination is required to earn ABIM MOC points.
ACCREDITATION AND DESIGNATION STATEMENTS
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.