The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) is pleased to announce the open application period for the 2020 Dr. Lewis E. Braverman Endocrine Fellow-in-Training Educational Grant. This one-of-a-kind grant program offers domestic fellows the opportunity to take part in unique clinical experiences worldwide. When applying for the grant, fellows may submit a two to four-week rotation that they may not otherwise have access to at their current institution. While traditionally a travel grant, in light of the ongoing world pandemic, AACE encourages creative submissions that may be done remotely through digital means.
Grant applications will be accepted beginning July 9, 2020, through September 10, 2020. The information and timeline below provide more details regarding the requirements. Grant applications must be filled out online here.
|July 9, 2020||Application submission period opens|
|Sept 10, 2020||Submission period closes
Application reviewed by committee
|Nov 11, 2020||Grant recipients announced|
|Dec 31, 2021||Grant program must take place by this date|
|April 27 – 30, 2022||Grant experience presented/published at the 2022 AACE Annual Meeting|
- Must be an endocrine fellow at a United States endocrine program.
- Must plan and execute a unique clinical extramural rotation, in the United States or international, by December 31, 2021.
- Must provide updated CV.
- Must obtain endocrine program director approval for the extramural rotation prior to applying.
- Must have a mentor that can either be your Program Director or Faculty Mentor. A support letter from your mentor must be attached.
- After the extramural rotation, applicant may be asked:
- To write an article for possible inclusion in an AACE publication.
- To be available for possible presentation at the 2022 AACE Annual Meeting.
Grant Application Details
- Basic applicant and fellowship program information
- Topic, location, and anticipated duration for the clinical extramural rotation
- Proposed budget and detailed justification for the award (not to exceed $5,000; supports travel and training supplies only)
- Detailed description how the grant will enhance endocrine training; what makes it unique; anticipated outcomes; scope of work; why you selected the location of the rotation, and any other information that will be useful for the Selection Committee.